Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's been a while

So it's been a while since I last posted. Over a year actually. A lot has happened.

I graduated from the U with double majors in Spanish and Journalism. I am now working full-time at a PR agency and am learning a lot. I love the people I work with and a lot of the projects are fun. I'm a firm believer in trying something for at least a year and then decide if it's the right fit or not.

I have an incredible boyfriend. We've been dating 6 months as of Oct. 10 and there's no ending for this one. He's my one, no doubt about it. It's been hard with him living at home now because we went from such extremes of seeing each other every moment of every day to a couple evenings a week. It's fine and probably necessary so that we can strengthen different areas of our relationship. My family loves him which is great. I've had problems in the past where they don't like a boyfriend and then I feel uncomfortable about the whole situation.

I've been feeling a little lost without my best friend being readily at hand 24 hours a day. She's gone up to Duluth for Med school so I'll be so excited when I finally get to see her after however long. She's got a new guy who is just incredible sounding. The perfect match for her. Not some guy who wants to be a "professional fisherman" but a future doctor who (sounds like) adores her. I'm so happy she's finally getting a guy she deserves.

Other than that, my family is great. My puppy is a pest but adorable as usual and I'm just loving life.

1 comment:

Sarah Osborne said...

Ahh my love...

It sounds like your life is going just great! Well... I shouldn't say that - you are so incredibly optimistic that they things that aren't going exactly as you would wish you have somehow turned into positive things with your excellent attitude. Just re-read your post and you'll see what I mean! That's such an amazing way to take life, and I think it's a good sign that you're in a good place with things.

I think that finally being in my element up here in Duluth - in medical school learning great things, in a really wonderful relationship, in a beautiful city, etc... - has helped me develop the same attitude. I can turn any situation into a positive one with the blink of an eye! I think I've only had one moment of feeling overwhelmed in the whole time I've been here. And that's after being told that the first year of medical school is "like hell". Seriously, I feel like I'm in heaven! I love it. WELL - minus the fact that you're not up here! I do miss you incredibly much, especially when I see the poster you made me. But it will be great to finally see you again... I will call you soon to set a day up. Either Oct 18/19, 25/26, or I might be coming down for a night the weekend of Nov 15/16 perhaps? Ok love you, so glad I get to keep up with your blogs!

xoxo,
ME